Expressions of interest are sought from outstanding researchers for a Post-doctoral position in bioinformatics and systems biology in the Viral Immunology Systems Program (VISP) at the Kirby Institute within the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
Working in close collaboration with both wet and dry members of the VISP group to perform bioinformatics and systems biology analyses in single cell genomics and other data sets, this position will focus on the development and application of bioinformatics and machine learning approaches for analyzing and interpreting single cell transcriptomics data, flow cytometry data, and next generation sequencing data of viral genomes to study immune responses against viral infections, such as HCV, influenza, and other human pathogens.
The position is also co-affiliated with the UNSW School of Medical Sciences. There is also a strong collaborative link with the Weizmann Garvan Institute for Cell Genomics, and several collaborations nationally and internationally.
Required Skills and Experience
• PhD in computational biology, mathematics, biostatistics or related fields
• Highly developed skills in bioinformatics and/or computational biology
• Experience in Genomics and/or transcriptomics analyses
• Good knowledge and skills in languages, such as R, Python, C++
• Evidence of publications in influential, high-impact journals
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
The position is for 1 year, renewable up to 4 years. The annual gross salary will range from AUD $89,051 – $95,248 (plus 9.5% superannuation p.a.), depending on qualifications and expertise.
To express your interest in this position please send within a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
• A short statement of research interests
• Your current CV
• Brief details of skills and experience relevant to this position
If you are deemed to meet the minimum requirements you will be invited to submit a formal application for the position.
It’s no secret: Sydney is one of the most beautiful, liveable and friendly cities in the world (http://www.sydney.com). The main UNSW campus is located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney only 7km from the centre of the city, 2km from Coogee Beach and 5km from Sydney’s international and domestic airports….