We’re hiring again at Alchemab - a new AIRR-seq startup in the UK.
Job description follows, but please reach out directly if you would like to learn more: jake [at] alchemab [dot] com
Other opportunities also available: https://www.linkedin.com/company/alchemab-therapeutics-ltd/
Alchemab Therapeutics is an exciting, big ambition, fast-paced therapeutics biotech. The company brings together cutting-edge technologies including antibody repertoire profiling, deep learning and proteomics and has world-leading Founders and management team. Alchemab is focused on the identification of protective antibodies in the areas of oncology, neuroscience and infectious disease.
Alchemab aims to be a transformational antibody therapeutics company with a broad pipeline of internal and partnered novel targets & candidates. The company is based in Cambridge, but with research activity in Oxford and London. This role will be based in Cambridge, but an element of remote working is possible.
Alchemab have generated a vast resource of paired antibody and antigen sequence data from individuals who show particular resilience to disease. We are seeking a talented and creative Bioinformatician to perform research on these data to help uncover novel therapeutic antibodies and disease pathways. You will work within the technology team, and be involved in multiple projects spanning our oncology, neuroscience and infectious disease programmes. You will also be involved in our collaborative technology development projects with Illumina, and the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute. As the company grows, you will support the leadership team to build, further coordinate and establish Alchemab’s technology platform. You will report to and work closely with the Director of Technology.
Using your computational and immunological expertise you will analyse and visualise antibody sequence datasets to discover novel therapeutic antibodies and derive biological insight from these datasets. In addition, you will be:
- Working on integrating different omics datasets with the antibody sequence data, including antigen proteomic data, and RNAseq data
- Reviewing relevant literature to build strong scientific cases around your findings
- Applying data processing and analysis pipelines we have developed to new datasets, as well as helping in the development of new pipelines
- Ensuring the best data management practices are upheld
- Working collaboratively with the team and with external partners
- Presenting your findings to different audiences
- Keeping current on new discoveries, methodologies and approaches that might enhance Alchemab’s platform
Experience & Requirements
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) in Immunology, Bioinformatics, or similar discipline
- Mastery in integrating and analysing omics data sets, and deriving biological insight from them
- Experience with immune repertoire sequence analysis and/or antibody discovery
- Proficiency with Python and/or R
- An ambition to work with the Alchemab team to build a transformative company
- A team player who proactively and directly communicates and collaborates with other team members
- Experience in an industrial drug discovery environment
- Experience with single cell omics
- Experience in the development and application of machine learning models
- Evidence of contribution to and influence of scientific strategy