We are one of the youngest universities in Germany and think in terms of possibilities, not limitations. In the heart of the Ruhr region, we develop ideas of the future at our 11 faculties. We are strong in research and teaching, live diversity, support potential and are highly committed to an educational equality that has earned this name.
The University Duisburg-Essen (Campus Essen) , offers a position at the Faculty of Biology, Research Group Bioinformatics and Computational Biophysics as:
(65% part-time, salary equivalent TV-L 13)
Activities and responsibilities
The successful applicant will work in a collaborative project on B cell differentiation in the germinal center reaction and the resulting memory B cell compartment in humans.
The focus will be on computational analyses of HTSeq data, specifically:
- analysis of scRNAseq data and HTSeq data of B-cell receptor repertoires
- probabilistic modeling and Bayes inference
The applicant will participate in the BIOME graduate school.
At least 8 semesters of successful studies with a Master in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Biology or similar.
- solid background in bioinformatics and statistics (probabilistic modeling, Bayes inference)
- familiarity with processing and analysis of HTSeq database
- very good programming skills, esp. with R
- knowledge of the biological background (B cells)
- good communication skills (incl. ability of writing and speaking scientific english) and team working abilities
- participation in cutting edge research project
- interesting job in an excellent team
- supplementary training opportunities
- sports and health offers (university sports)
Send application to
Applications (including a letter of motivation and a CV with contact information of two references) and inquiries with reference code jv-473-20 should be addressed by e-mail to: email@example.com.