Sponsored by the AIRR Community

Postdoc in vaccine design

Dear All,

Apologies if this is a little off topic. I am looking for a postdoctoral researcher, with experience in bioinformatics, epitope mapping, gene design, statistics and data management for a phase 1 Innovate UK funded project on developing a pipeline for vaccine design for filoviruses (Ebola and Marburg). The project will involve the bioinformatics analysis of filovirus glycoprotein, antigen design, and epitope enrichment. The project will also involve working at the University of Regensburg with Prof. Ralf Wagner for the design and synthesis of vaccine inserts based on the analyses of filovirus variation. In addition to bioinformatics analysis, there is also a more traditional statistical component involved in the analysis of data from experiments on glycoprotein binding, pseudotype neutralisation by anti-filoviral monoclonal antibodies, antibody competition and neutralisation by sera from human Ebola survivors and vaccinees. I’d love to do some repertoire work too, but that will have to wait…

The post will be based in the Laboratory of Viral Zoonotics at the University of Cambridge, working with Prof. Jon Heeney and I. The wider project involves a collaboration with Dr. Nigel Temperton (Viral Pseudotype Unit, Kent), Dr. Ed Wright (University of Westminster), Prof. Ralf Wagner (University of Regensburg), Dr. Miles Carroll (Public Health England), and Prof. Adrian Hill (Jenner Institute). The post is for one year in the first instance, to start immediately, with a view to applying for phase 2 funding from the Innovate UK scheme to apply the technology to a broader range of viruses. Please contact me at sdf22@cam.ac.uk if interested.

Best wishes
Simon